For work it is necessary to prepare:
• trimming matter;
• a needle with threads (if possible, a sewing machine).
1. First of all, you need to choose the book for which the cover will be made. Having decided on the book, you can proceed to the process of manufacturing the circuit.
On a sheet of paper with a pencil and a ruler, draw a rectangle, the dimensions of which will correspond to the size of the spread of the book. After this, you need to deviate from the lateral side of the rectangle by 3-5 cm (in the future, this increase will allow you to make "pockets" into which the book will be inserted).
2. On the marked sheet of paper, place the flaps of fabric, forming the intended pattern from them. In this case, allowances for seams (at least 5 mm) must be taken into account. In the photo below you can see a possible arrangement of pieces of matter.
3. After the pattern is selected, you need to prepare the patches for assembly (give them the necessary shape, iron, etc.).
4. Since the smallest parts are concentrated on one square flap, the assembly of the canvas should begin with the connection of the corresponding parts. In this case, the work is carried out according to the application principle, that is, small flaps are sewn onto a single piece of fabric. Accordingly, for fixing small parts it is better to choose decorative seams.
5. After completing work on the basic drawing, you can proceed to join the remaining parts together.
6. The second half of the cover can be done by analogy with the first. However, in this case, it will be made of two flaps, which, in texture and color, correspond to the material used to make the front of the cover.
7. It is necessary to connect the details of the second half of the cover, and then connect it to the front part. After both halves are sewn, you should form the "pockets" of the cover. To do this, the edge of the cover must be tucked inward by 3-5 cm (depending on what kind of increase was made) and stitched on top and bottom. These steps must be repeated for the second edge.
8. To complete the cover, you should process its lower and upper edge. For this purpose, you need to sew a braid on them (in the master class a narrow satin ribbon is used, folded in half).