One of the options for decorating a child’s room is the creation of bedding for a child. This master class contains a description of the process of creating a beautiful pillowcase in the style of patchwork with an embroidery element for a baby pillow.
For this we need:
- The base fabric is plain or with a pattern (40x70 cm);
- several small sections of fabric with different patterns or patterns of about the same theme or color scheme;
- Satin ribbon to match the pattern of fabric cuts (20-30 cm);
- decorative embroidery insert (in the absence, you can take a piece of fabric with a bright catchy pattern);
- threads in tone of the base fabric or in tone with additional fabrics;
- sewing needle.
There are several ways to sew things in the style of patchwork. This workshop will describe a method in which fabrics will not just be sewn, but sewn onto the base. This is the easiest way.
In the beginning, you need to think over the sketch of the future pillowcase, the location of the flaps of fabric and decor elements based on. It is best to draw it on paper. Then cut the necessary elements from the fabric and determine the sequence of their stitching.
For convenience, some elements can be fastened with temporary threads, which subsequently stretch as the elements are stitched together.
The first flap is sewn onto the base with an embroidered element or with a print pattern. Then the remaining elements are sewn according to the previously planned sequence. Composed items are sewn together with a blind stitch or back needle stitch. You can also sew them together using a sewing machine.
After the elements are sewn, you need to sew decorative bows on the base. They are made of tape: a ribbon is attached to a pencil and a bow is formed, which is removed from the pencil and fixed with a thread in the area of the knot.
After the front part is fully formed, it is sewn from the wrong side with the back of the pillowcase. Then the pillowcase is turned on the front side, ironed and becomes completely ready for use.