Now I’ll tell you how to make a soft pig, a bow-tie Christmas tree toy, simple insert frames and a set for applications from foam rubber.
For work, we will need the following materials: foam rubber of different colors, buttons, scissors, a stationery knife, sewing threads, a heat gun with glue, geometric shapes cut out of cardboard, a sketchbook, a pencil, PVA glue, a brush.
Getting to work. Piglet:
1. For this toy, we take two smooth foam circles as a basis. If you don’t have foam of this shape, then cut with ordinary scissors or a clerical knife. In the place of attachment we make a wide surface for gluing. To do this, cut off part of the circle with scissors. Glue with a thermal gun. At the junction of the part of the toy, we squeeze it in a horizontal plane for 1-2 minutes, there is no need to press on top.
2. Cut out ears, paws and legs from the foam of the same color. We make the places of fastenings a little rounded.
3. Glue parts of the body to the body, paste eyes from the green buttons.
4. You can stop here, but you can still make a mouth of a red button - this is more realistic.
Piglet is ready, you can play.
Now I will tell you how to make a butterfly out of foam rubber:
1. Gently remove the lower rough layer from the foam sponges. We cut each sponge diagonally into two triangles. From black foam we cut out a long rectangle for the body and two thin rectangles for the antennae.
2. Slightly departing from the upper edge of the body, we dress it with black sewing threads. It will be the head. The ends of the threads should be moderately long. With their help, the toy can be hung on a Christmas tree.
3. We glue all the elements with a thermogun and get a finished butterfly. Fast and elegant!
Quite a bit is needed in order to make the first in-ear frames for the baby: with the help of cardboard blanks, cut holes in the foam. Everything, inserting a circle or triangle into the holes, the child will take himself for a short time, and you can relax a bit.
Well, finally, I’ll tell you how to make a set for an application of foam rubber. To do this, you need to cut all the remaining foam into various shapes or just how it goes.
These pieces will need to be used for the application, having previously sketched a drawing on a sheet of paper and greased the objects with glue. This activity is not only fascinating. It will allow you to develop fine motor skills, study geometric shapes and colors, and simply brighten up your usual way of life.
All the best to you and creative success!